Message Number: YG1759 | New FHL Archives Search
From: Michael Janke
Date: 2001-03-26 21:04:00 UTC
Subject: RE: cleaners

Yes, Pine-Sol is toxic! A rule of thumb, though this hardly covers all
possibilities, is that if a cleaner turns white when added to water, it's
probably toxic.

I personally use a dilute bleach water, but it's important to make sure you
rinse with clear water and allow the area to air out.


> Hello. I'm trying to find out what is the best
> cleaner to use when my ferrets "miss" the newspapers
> in the corners and hit my floor.
> I'm currently using a pine-sol solution, but was
> wondering if it could be toxic. When I went to my
> vet, I noticed that they were using something in a
> spray bottle and just wiping it up with paper towel,
> but I didn't think to ask what was in the bottle.