Message Number: YG2457 | New FHL Archives Search
From: FurTulsa
Date: 2001-04-10 21:25:00 UTC
Subject: Scope?

I know this is an incredibly DUMB question but nonetheless, I
am always willing to make a fool of myself. I have some
standard medical equipment I bought at a local drug store just
to have on hand for my own checks and/or emergencies... some
are obvious "duh-isms".. a stethoscope etc....
One of the items I got was simply labeled as a "home ear/eye
exam tool"... it's the little scope thingy with a magnified
end and little attachments for looking in eyes and ears.
What the heck IS the technical name for that thingamagig?????
Some rescuers were talking about what medical emergency/exam
stuff we keep in the shelter and nobody seems to know the
technical name for this tool!!!