Message Number: YG2467 | New FHL Archives Search
From: Da Cheekey One
Date: 2001-04-11 06:16:00 UTC
Subject: Re: [Ferret-Health-list] Scope?

>From: "FurTulsa" <FURTulsa@H...>
>To: <>
>Subject: [Ferret-Health-list] Scope?
>Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:25:38 -0500
>I know this is an incredibly DUMB question but nonetheless, I am always
>willing to make a fool of myself. I have some standard medical equipment I
>bought at a local drug store just to have on hand for my own checks and/or
>emergencies... some are obvious "duh-isms".. a stethoscope etc....
>One of the items I got was simply labeled as a "home ear/eye exam tool"...
>it's the little scope thingy with a magnified end and little attachments
>for looking in eyes and ears.
>What the heck IS the technical name for that thingamagig?????
>Some rescuers were talking about what medical emergency/exam stuff we keep
>in the shelter and nobody seems to know the technical name for this tool!!!

Hi Susan,,,,The name your looking for is an otoscope.
Take care, Emily

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at