Message Number: YG3255 | New FHL Archives Search
Date: 2001-05-05 07:14:00 UTC
Subject: Urgent Breeding Question

I have an urgent question for any breeders and or vets out there.

I have a jill who was breed starting March 20 to ::we think:: the 26th or
27th. Unfortunately, the last date of mating was not recorded, something I
usually do.

The jill was in full season when they started, and they were mating from day

That made her due date May 1. Came and went, no kits. Since last Wed she has
had some very minor spotting of old blood. She had an ultrasound last night
and their is at least one kit, who seemed to be moving.

Here's my quandry...always before my jills have delivered exactly 6 weeks
from their first date of mating. I don't know if I should give her oxytocin
today, or wait until Monday.

My only real concern is with her health. I don't want to lose the kit{s} if
I can help it, but that's NOT that important to me...

She has had a litter before, and falsed once before. Was taken out other
heats. She's 3.

Any thoughts appreciated....and yes I know an emergency c=section may be in
the works.