From: Sonya Grable
Date: 2001-05-14 02:47:00 UTC
Subject: calcium levels; blood tests & terms; etc.???
I have a few questions and am hoping that someone can provide
the answers or some ideas:
1) What would cause calcium to be low for a few months, return
to normal, then drop again? There haven't been any changes in
appetite or diet.
2) What is "hemolysis" and how does its presence affect RBC,
HGB, HCT, MCV, MCH, and MCHC levels?
3) What is "polychromasia"?
4) What exactly are monocytes and what causes them to become
5) Do elevated lymphocytes indicate the possibility of a
particular type of infection or disease (such as lymphoma -
even if the WBC is normal), or simply suggest some sort of
infection (like a chronic, smoldering one) or disease is/may
be present? (I hope this isn't one of those "no such thing as
a dumb question" questions.)
6) Lastly, would ingesting NutriCal a few minutes before a
blood draw cause a slightly elevated glucose?