From: Joel Cohen
Date: 2001-07-18 22:31:00 UTC
I have a 5+ year old BEW, early spay female who stopped eating early in
May. At that time she exhibited signs of ulcers and was put on amoxy. and
pepto. This did not cure the problem and subsequently, she had surgery for
a possible blockage. There was no blockage and she was given a round of
Biaxin which had no effect.
She will eat duck soup readily from a spoon, but not on her own from a dish,
and Im now feeding her by hand three times a day.
Her eyes run severely when shes eating and no one seems to know how this
is related to her symptoms of not eating. She has had a CBC, a fasting
Blood glucose, a series of barium x-rays and there were no abnormalities.
Her heart, lungs, kidney, and liver functions are normal. Food is passing
normally through the esophagus and stomach.
Nothing has changed in her environment.
I dont know what to do for her since I know that she is uncomfortable and
makes whimpering sounds after I feed her. Her teeth have also been
thoroughly checked. She will get up to drink but will not take food
Does anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any suggestions.