Message Number: YG5638 | New FHL Archives Search
Date: 2001-07-19 10:21:00 UTC
Subject: Re: [Ferret-Health-list] RE: prostate/pee problem

Hi Kat,
You are describing an enlarged prostate from an
adrenal gland problem. There are 3 things to do
to treat your male. 1) Treat the adrenal gland problem.
It sure sounds like the right gland is still overproducing
hormones. Time for either surgery to remove the right
gland or Lupron depot to control the right gland.
2) Treat the enlarged prostate. Propecia/Proscar can
be used to reduce the size of the prostate.
3) Treat the infection with Clavamox or Baytril for a
long time (1-3 months). It may be a prostate infection
and not a simple bladder infection.
Hope that helps,
Jerry Murray, DVM