Message Number: YG7272 | New FHL Archives Search
From: Russell Prater
Date: 2001-09-14 23:00:00 UTC
Subject: Re: [Ferret-Health-list] Too many Sweets?

shelly palmer wrote:
> Hi,
> May I please hear more on Vitamin A poisoning as a
> result of overdose on ferretone? I don't give out gobs
> but I'd like to know about it just the same.

I didn't realize I would have to teach a class. Okay, viatmin A is one
of the fat soluable vitamins so it is not flushed out of the body by the
kidneys like say, vitamin C, which is a water soluable vitamin. If too
much vitamin A builds up, it can make you sick. My multivitamin has 5000
I.U. which they say is 100% of a human's daily requirement. Ferretone
has 500 I.U. per 3/4 of a teaspoon. They recommend giving 3/4 of a
teaspoon per day to an adult ferret. What I meant by not giving so much
that you make him sick was, don't give more than about 3/4 tsp, on

Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if your underwear doubles as swimming trunks.