Message Number: YG7482 | New FHL Archives Search
From: Trina
Date: 2001-09-26 11:40:00 UTC
Subject: Adrenal

I have a 5 yr old female that is showing signs of adrenal.
Her fur is pretty scarce on her belly and chest, still has
plenty on her tail, backside and legs, and is not yet losing
hair visibly (when I scruff her etc..). I know surgery is
imminent and my vet feels it is too early at this point, so
I'm saving up for it.

My question is, is there anything I should be doing now? Any
supplements or medications, something to curb the effects. I
feel like I should be doing something. Also, how long should
I wait before the surgery? Maybe I shouldn't be waiting.

I just lost one to this surgery a month ago - the first
surgery I've gone through - I can't handle another. It was a
special case, not routine at all, but I'm still going to be a
wreck when I take her in! I want to make sure I'm not putting
if off just because I'm scared to do it. I also want to make
sure there isn't something I could be doing to keep it from
getting worse??

Any input is appreciated. THANKS!!