From: Megan Mohrbacher
Date: 2001-03-08 05:22:00 UTC
Subject: Ear Mites
I am dealing with ear mites in the three ferrets that I just recently rescued. I want to order some Ivermectin for them off of JeffersLivestock.com. There are 6 different forms of this medicine and I am not sure which one to get. They are:
1. Double Impact Injectable (Agri-Labs) Ivermectin 1%
2. Double Impact Injectable for Cattle & Swine
3. Ivomec Pour-On for Cattle (Merial) (0.5%)
4. Ivomec Premix for Swine (Merial) (0.02%)
5. Ivomec Sheep Drench (Merial) and
6. Phoenectin Pour-On for Cattle
I know the one (#5) said for Sheep ONLY, so I know that is not the right one. I hope someone can help. Also any other advice on how to get rid of Ear Mites would really help!!!! I just bought some Mineral Oil yesterday and put some drops in their ears last night. I also don't know if this problem will spread to my other 2 fuzzies.
Megan & Mishka, Jada, Natasha, Boris, and Ivan!!!