From: Sukie Crandall
Date: 2001-02-22 12:42:00 UTC
Subject: Re: Fwd: Wiley
Two days can be pushing it if it is a full blockage. On the other
hand, it does not sound like Julie would be inclined toward
exploratory or corrective surgery. Sometimes doing a barium enema
will dislodge a blockage. A vet's assessment is certainly going to
be the best way to go, and reducing or eliminating any delay makes
the most sense. It may certainly be something else, but getting in
enough fluids (I'd probably personally lean toward an electrolyte
solution like Pedialyte or Kayolyte with these symptoms) is essential
and continuing to give a laxative like petroleum jelly or Laxatone
***IF YOUR VET SAYS TO DO THAT *** could be logical.
Julie, call your vet now and arrange for a call-back to discuss this
rather than waiting for the appointment to find out what the vet
wants to do.