Message Number: YG11110 | New FHL Archives Search
Date: 2002-02-15 15:40:00 UTC
Subject: Question on BG testing - Insulinoma

Today I took 3 of my older kids in to have a fasting blood
glucose test run. Two of the 3 came out OK, but Sassy, the
oldest had a BG of 50. Because of a family situation, my vet
needed to leave before the tests had been run and we knew the
results. However, because I have Pedia-Pred on hand at home
for another ferret, and because we expected at least one to
need it, we discussed dosing before he left.
Sassy is going on 9, and I already know from a recent surgery
to remove a skin tumor that she does not heal as quickly as
one would like. She is not one of my ADV+ kids, but due to
her age, I do not consider her a surgical candidate. My hope
is to make her as comfortable as possible for as long as is
My question is, how long should I wait before retesting? Is 2
or 3 weeks a reasonable amount of time to wait to see if the
meds are helping?

ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!
For more information visit