From: Sukie Crandall
Date: 2008-05-23 18:59:35 UTC
Subject: [ferrethealth] FHL Rules
To: fhl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Since there are so many new members who turn out to not have had a
chance to read the rules yet it makes sense to remind people that the
FHL Rules can always be found in the Files section of the FHL.
Here are the rules:
The Ferret Health List Terms of Service (Originally drafted March 2,
2001, updated August 2003, edited to reflect move to Yahoo Groups Oct
31, 2006) Listed below are conditions for participation in the Ferret
Health List. By sending messages to "the Ferret Health List" you
explicitly agree to the following conditions:
1) Be kind to one another. No flames. Don't attack a poster.
2) When questioning a particular course of treatment, or asking about
something your vet has suggested, do not mention vet or clinic by
name, just the specifics of the treatment. When questioning
medications, include dosage (place 0 before decimal as in 0.1) and mg/
3) Personal messages of sympathy, thanks, and "me too's" should be
sent directly to the poster, not the list.
4) This list is a resource for ferret health related information.
Ferret health includes; medical, behavorial, nutritional, physical and
psychological needs of ferrets. Your veterinarian should be your first
line of defense for safeguarding your ferrets health.
5) Commercial messages and those soliciting donations are not
appropriate. This includes signature lines.
6) Do not direct ferret health questions to a particular individual or
vet on the list. Doing so will decrease your chance of a reply from
others that may have valuable input for your situation.
7) The subject line of your post should reflect the topic. "Question"
or "Sick Ferret" is too vague and will get lost in the archives. A
subject line of "How much Prednisone is too much" or "Are these
symptoms of Adrenal Disease" is more likely to get prompt responses.
8) Quote as little of the original post as possible. When responding
to someone, quote only enough of the original post to remind
subscribers of what was said. A good rule of thumb: quoted post should
not be longer than the response.
9) This list is not Consumer Reports. Opinions of various ferret
health related practices is allowed. Opinions of specific breeders,
shelters, ferret owners and pet shops is not. Political topics are not
10) Only ferret health related photo and file uploads are allowed.
Moderators can move, delete, compress, or otherwise manage photos and
files. Direct readers to your photos and files in a message to the
11) This list is the property of the moderators; anything posted to it
becomes the property of the list and its off-site archives. We reserve
the right to censor posts. We may edit submissions for length or
clarity. This includes, but is not limited to: removing excessive
signatures and quotes, providing appropriate subject lines, and
editing spelling and/or grammar. Submission of material to the list
constitutes permission for electronic distribution on this or other
12) On-topic cross-posting of your own messages is allowed.
13) If you feel the need to moderate someone on the list, address your
post to the moderators at email@example.com. We are
the ones who allowed the post to go through.
14) The act of your submitting a post implicitly implies your
certification to us that you own or have release of rights for all
material submitted in the post. You agree to hold harmless and
unconditionally indemnify The Ferret Health List and the list
moderators against and from all liability, costs, expenses, claims and
damages which The Ferret Health List may suffer or become liable from
as a result of posting your submission to the list. This includes but
is not limited to claims of copyright infringement or actionable
defamation. Submission of material to the list constitutes permission
for non-exclusive, perpetual rights for electronic distribution of
your material on this or other lists.
Sukie (not a vet)
Recommended ferret health links:
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: