Message Number: FHL5409 | New FHL Archives Search
From: "ferretgirl27"
Date: 2008-07-05 18:12:58 UTC
Subject: [ferrethealth] Re: stump pyometra

Thanks for all the great responses. Ruby had 2 weeks of a sulfur antibiotics, then 2 weeks
of Clavamox and after the ultrasound the vet has her on metronidazole until the surgery.
She has tolerated it very well considering how much my other ferret reacted previously on
this med. She's only had 4 doses so far, but I haven't noticed any improvement and if
anything the vulva has more discharge.
What is strange is that her vulva really isn't swollen like I have seen in pics of adrenal
ferrets. It appears a little irritated only when the discharge dries on the outside, once I
rinse her off, it returns to normal color and size.
Anyway, if the vet looks at the adrenals while they are doing the surgery will problems be
visible to the eye that couldn't be seen on ultrasound or would they still have to do the TN
Thanks again and I will keep you updated! -Kathryn & Ruby
--- In, Ferretwise <ferretwise@...> wrote:
> Kathryn,
> We have seen this in both early alter & late alter ferrets. All the
> symptoms, fever, vaginal discharge, swollen vulva etc were present. I
> anticipate that she is on a good antibiotic while awaiting her surgery next
> week.
> You should see sa marked recovery.
> I urge you to have them check her blood for anemia, there is a chance that
> she may have developed aplastic anemia being in this condition for any
> length of time. Monitored closely she should do well.
> Best wishes,
> Alicia at Ferret Wise


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: